(also jimpson weed)
1A strong-smelling poisonous datura with large, trumpet-shaped white flowers and toothed leaves, which has become a weed of waste ground in many countries.
- Datura stramonium, family Solanaceae
More example sentences
- And I found out that jimson weed is also called Datura and has been in use as a shamanic psychotropic substance, and a folk medicine forever.
- Datura is jimson weed and these ornamental plants with the large, white, bell-like flowers.
- Four teenagers consumed hallucinogenic and poisonous jimson weed Thursday night and were hospitalized with fast heartbeats and impaired vision.
late 17th century (originally as Jamestown weed): named after Jamestown in Virginia.
Definition of jimson weed in:
- The British & World English dictionary