Definition of jobless in English:
- Miami, Florida, with a 7.4 percent jobless rate, had the second highest in the nation.
- The weekly jobless claims this week came in lower than expected.
- According to the Labor Department, 8,594,000 workers are officially jobless.
- Example sentences
- Rising joblessness has made visas a hot-button issue.
- Despite the heightened joblessness, 29 percent believe they'll still have trouble finding suitable employees.
- Meanwhile, the economy is sliding rapidly into recession, deflation is worsening, and joblessness is at record levels.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan