- A support or protection for the male genitals, worn especially by athletes.More example sentences
- I think, however, that boys should start wearing protective gear like jockstraps even at the 5th grade level.
- I tried many styles of underwear and jockstraps looking for something to wear that would keep me from chafing when I bike and run.
- Many Buffalo fans had their jockstraps in knots over the players who left the Bills in the offseason.
late 19th century: from slang jock 'genitals' (of unknown origin) + strap.
More definitions of jockstrapDefinition of jockstrap in:
- The British & World English dictionary