- Full-length trousers, worn for horseback riding, that are close-fitting below the knee and have reinforced patches on the inside of the leg.More example sentences
- She rides horses and wears jodhpurs, carries a whip, does daring-do with bad guys and ends up sweeping the hero off his feet as well.
- This is western riding after all, although jodhpurs and hard hats are equally welcome.
- Opt for jeans or jodhpurs depending on which style you ride.
late 19th century: named after Jodhpur, where similar garments are worn by Indian men as part of everyday dress.
More definitions of jodhpursDefinition of jodhpurs in:
- The British & World English dictionary