(also joe pye weed)
- A tall North American perennial plant of the daisy family that bears clusters of small purple flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Eupatorium, family Compositae, several species, in particular sweet joe-pye weed E. purpureum and spotted joe-pye weed E. maculatum
- Others are swamp blue aster, a pink turtlehead, speckled joe-pye weed, great lobelia, Pennsylvania buttercup, and several kinds of sedges.
- Plants at Holliday Park that are usually confined to fens are swamp blue aster, speckled joe-pye weed, and a rather rare species of pink turtlehead.
early 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of joe-pye weedDefinition of joe-pye weed in:
- The British & World English dictionary