- 1A person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.More example sentences
- Suppose I go to a joiner and ask him to make me a table, and the joiner delivers me a wooden board.
- Safety precautions were inadequate on a building site where a joiner fell eight feet and broke his back.
- His career in the building industry started 25 years ago as an apprentice joiner with York-based Shepherd Construction Ltd.
- 2 • informal A person who readily joins groups or campaigns: a compulsive joiner of revolutionary movementsMore example sentences
- Americans had demonstrated in the years leading up to the 1770s and 1860s that they were a ‘nation of joiners.’
- America, as Tocqueville famously concluded, is a nation of joiners.
- Basically, we've decided that women are joiners.
Middle English: from Old French joigneor, from joindre 'to join'.
More definitions of joinerDefinition of joiner in:
- The British & World English dictionary