- Jolt or bounce: [no object]: the car jounced wildly [with object]: the pilot jounced the plane through turbulenceMore example sentences
- The springs creak, mattress jouncing as he resettles his weight.
- With each step her blond head jounced slightly.
- Cyril stooped and picked up a handful of small pebbles and jounced them in his hand to shake away the loose dust, then the resumed their leisurely walk along the track.
late Middle English: probably symbolic; compare with bounce.
More definitions of jounceDefinition of jounce in:
- The British & World English dictionary