Definition of joyful in English:
Feeling, expressing, or causing great pleasure and happiness: joyful music
More example sentences
- It helps to live a happy life and also make other people's life happy and joyful.
- It left us both joyful and speechless, happy to be home again but sad that this great trip was over.
- Maybe it's seen as a way of provoking a joyful feeling of brightness and wellbeing.
cheerful, happy, jolly, merry, sunny, joyous, lighthearted, in good spirits, bubbly, exuberant, ebullient, cheery, smiling, mirthful, radiant;
jubilant, overjoyed, thrilled, ecstatic, euphoric, blissful, on cloud nine, elated, delighted, gleeful;
jovial, genial, good-humored
pleasing, happy, good, cheering, gladdening, welcome, heartwarming
- Example sentences
- But after seven months in which my wife and I spent every hour together, it is so hard for me to get by without her joyfulness.
- He makes sure the feasting and dancing and joyfulness continue.
- The children that are part of the cast as the fairies add to the joyfulness.
Words that rhyme with joyfulwoeful • rueful • useful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.