Definition of joyless in English:
Not giving or feeling any pleasure or satisfaction; grim or dismal: she had to face the thought of a joyless future
More example sentences
- It's a bit like scratching an unbearable itch: a completely satisfying activity, but joyless at the same time.
- All the characters lead dismal, joyless lives.
- This grim, joyless motion picture is anything but fun.
- Example sentences
- The image of Atta joylessly spooning cold mashed potato into his mouth, taken with everything else we know, strongly suggested a man for whom this world mattered little.
- Given these constraints, as oppressive as the white tie and collar studs the men joylessly wear, the actors give focused, intelligent performances.
- Ady's poems became required reading joylessly recited by generations of Hungarian schoolchildren in bombastic voices of patriotism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.