Definition of joyride in English:
A fast and dangerous ride, especially one taken in a stolen vehicle: kids stealing cars for a Saturday night joyride
More example sentences
- It is, alas, an all-too-familiar scene on the streets of Rochdale as car crime soars and thieves think nothing of ending a night's joyride by destroying the vehicle.
- Eventually we catch him with our bike as he goes for a joyride right back to where he stole it from.
- There's a tracking device in every ship, in case someone decides to go for a joyride or something like this.
- Example sentences
- The joyriders will then have to pay up to £357 to retrieve their cars or motorcycles.
- He says while the joyriders tried to hot-wire many of the pieces of construction equipment, they only managed to start one machine.
- Medics treat the pedestrian injured after a joyrider lost control of a stolen car in North Bridge yesterday afternoon.
Definition of joyride in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan