A fast and dangerous ride, especially one taken in a stolen vehicle: kids stealing cars for a Saturday night joyride
More example sentences
- It is, alas, an all-too-familiar scene on the streets of Rochdale as car crime soars and thieves think nothing of ending a night's joyride by destroying the vehicle.
- Eventually we catch him with our bike as he goes for a joyride right back to where he stole it from.
- There's a tracking device in every ship, in case someone decides to go for a joyride or something like this.
- More example sentences
- The joyriders will then have to pay up to £357 to retrieve their cars or motorcycles.
- He says while the joyriders tried to hot-wire many of the pieces of construction equipment, they only managed to start one machine.
- Medics treat the pedestrian injured after a joyrider lost control of a stolen car in North Bridge yesterday afternoon.
More definitions of joyrideDefinition of joyride in:
- The British & World English dictionary