A sport of unarmed combat derived from jujitsu and intended to train the body and mind. It involves using holds and leverage to unbalance the opponent.
- If you want to only train in aikido, judo or a specific style of karate, is there a school in your area?
- It is a fact that karate, judo, kendo, and iaido are much easier to learn than aikido.
- What most people don't know, is that he did sumo before he ever did judo or karate.
- Example sentences
- He is also the one who broke my record as the youngest judoist to win the All-Japan Judo Tournament.
- In order to raise judoists in this manner, nurturing the attitude of study and resourcefulness in dojo Judo training is of first importance.
- The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends.
Late 19th century: Japanese, from jū 'gentle' + dō 'way'.
Words that rhyme with judoescudo, ludo, pseudo, testudo, Trudeau
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.