noun (plural same)
- (In Japan) a private school or college attended in addition to an ordinary educational institution.More example sentences
- Students often supplement regular classes by attending a juku (cram school) after hours.
- She talked first to a sixth-grader who is studying at a juku (cram school) to enter a private junior high school.
- For two years, she has been sending her son, Atsuki, to cramming classes at Tokyo's Nichinoken, a juku that prepares students for entrance exams at elite junior high schools.
More definitions of jukuDefinition of juku in:
- The British & World English dictionary