Definition of jumping mouse in English:
A mouselike rodent that has long back feet and typically moves in short hops, found in North America and China.
- Family Zapodidae: three genera, in particular Zapus, and several species
- He chided his friend: ‘I am afraid the broad shadows of the Elk, Buffalo, and big-horn hid all the little marmots, squirrels, jumping mice, rats and shrews.’
- Zapus sandersi is the common jumping mouse through much of the Blancan in Kansas.
- Deer mice and jumping mice were frequently found at both Blacktail and Crystal.
Definition of jumping mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.