- A mouselike rodent that has long back feet and typically moves in short hops, found in North America and China.
More example sentences
- Family Zapodidae: three genera, in particular Zapus, and several species
- He chided his friend: ‘I am afraid the broad shadows of the Elk, Buffalo, and big-horn hid all the little marmots, squirrels, jumping mice, rats and shrews.’
- Zapus sandersi is the common jumping mouse through much of the Blancan in Kansas.
- Deer mice and jumping mice were frequently found at both Blacktail and Crystal.
More definitions of jumping mouseDefinition of jumping mouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary