Definition of junior welterweight in English:
1A weight in professional boxing of 135–140 pounds (61.2-63.5 kg).
- It has been almost nine years since Leija, now 36, held a world title - at junior lightweight - which is 10 pounds south of junior welterweight.
- Prospect of 1999 Stephan Carr hosts US-based Dillon Carew over eight rounds at junior welterweight in the main bout.
- Burnholme Community College student Luke Atkin, 15, fighting at junior welterweight, took gold after defeating home fighter Jamiel Kassem on a unanimous points decision.
1.1A professional boxer whose weight is 135–140 pounds (61.2-63.5 kg).
- Universally recognized as one of the top-ten junior welterweights in the world, he solidified his stature in the talented 140 lb division.
- I'm sure boxing would like to see him in there against the likes of the some of the other junior welterweights.
- The two junior welterweights had staged one of the fights of 2001 last May, when Ward pulled off a points upset.
Definition of junior welterweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan