noun (plural juntos)• historical
- A political grouping or faction, especially in 17th- and 18th-century Britain.More example sentences
- And from this time began an intrigue between his Majesty and a junto of Ministers maliciously bent against me, which broke out in less than two months.
- He set up a junto - a group of industry peers who met every Friday to share comments on any topic.
- When Albany refused to go along with the New York junto, Leisler sent some militia under the command of his son-in-law, Jacob Milbourne.
alteration of junta, on the pattern of Spanish nouns ending in -o.
More definitions of juntoDefinition of junto in:
- The British & World English dictionary