nounLaw , chiefly • historical
- An expert on law.More example sentences
- They have substantially lost not only their influence as a religious elite but also their functions as jurists, judges, legal guardians, and to a lesser degree jurisconsults.
- A ‘fatwa’ is simply a considered opinion of a Muslim jurisconsult.
- As noted, this new organisation - inclusive though it tried to appear - was devoted to Khomeini's notion of the absolute guardianship of the jurisconsult.
early 17th century: from Latin jurisconsultus, from jus, jur- 'law' + consultus 'skilled' (from consulere 'take counsel').
More definitions of jurisconsultDefinition of jurisconsult in:
- The British & World English dictionary