- Any of a number of hormones regulating larval development in insects and inhibiting metamorphosis.More example sentences
- The mode of action of methoprene is to directly interfere with normal hormone function by mimicking the insect juvenile hormone.
- Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.
- Oogenesis in Drosophila is regulated by the steroid hormone ecdysone and the sesquiterpenoid juvenile hormone.
More definitions of juvenile hormoneDefinition of juvenile hormone in:
- The British & World English dictionary