- 1Make or keep young or youthful; arrest the development of.More example sentences
- Ours is a society, Mintz explains, that isolates and juvenilizes young people more than ever before; they spend much less time with adults who can model and explain the ‘realities’ to them.
- There is some evidence that MF may have a role in larval development by acting as a hormone that retards development (a juvenilizing factor).
- Retinoic acid, a retinoid known to regulate vertebrate morphogenesis, has also been found by Nemec et al. to have juvenilizing effects on developing insects and to stimulate vitellogenesis and egg deposition.
- 1.1 (as adjective juvenilized) Entomology (Of an insect or part of one) having a juvenile appearance or physiology; showing arrested or reversed development.More example sentences
- This resulted in 86% and 92% pupae, respectively, juvenilized to such an extent that eventually no offspring could be produced.
- In rare cases (0.8%), it developed into a juvenilized pupa.
More definitions of juvenilizeDefinition of juvenilize in:
- The British & World English dictionary