Definition of kainic acid in English:
An organic acid extracted from a red alga, used to kill intestinal worms.
- Chemical formula: C10H15NO4
- Our previous studies showed that kainic acid i.p. can induce the increase of lipid peroxide levels in the rat brain and evoke the generation of oxygen free radicals in the peripheral blood.
- Our work supports this latter conclusion as kainic acid is a potent excitor of CPG activity, and d - phase interneuron outputs are blocked by the glutaminergic antagonist CNQX.
- A total synthesis of kainic acid starting from the commercially available 2-azetidinone is described.
Definition of kainic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia