- A flying fox found in Southeast Asia and Indonesia.
More example sentences
- Genus Pteropus, family Pteropodidae, in particular the large flying fox (P. vampyrus)
- It is said that when a man dies, the god Kala comes flying down at night on a kalong to take the man's soul and disappears with it.
- While eating a large fruit picked from a tree, the kalong takes up a position which, although certainly very comfortable, appears to us as very clumsy.
early 19th century: from Javanese.
More definitions of kalongDefinition of kalong in:
- The British & World English dictionary