- A steep-sided mound of sand and gravel deposited by a melting ice sheet.More example sentences
- Elsewhere, small mounds (kames) are formed of cross-stratified sand deposited by streams from the ice.
- It is characterized by moraines of the Weichselian Pleniglacial with intercalated outwash sediments including kame deposits, dead-ice depressions with lakes, fens or wetlands, and Late Saalian moraines in the south.
- Ice contact features known to early geologists included kettles (correctly interpreted by Whittlesey in 1859) and kames.
late 18th century: Scots form of comb.
More definitions of kameDefinition of kame in:
- The British & World English dictionary