- A method of caring for premature babies in which the infants are held skin-to-skin with a parent, usually the mother, for as many hours as possible every day.More example sentences
- Nurses observed that four hours after delivery, the infants who received kangaroo care slept more, fussed and cried less, and made fewer startled motions compared with infants who were taken directly to the nursery.
- The content ranges from detailed medical discussions of the conditions a premature infant suffers, to more spiritual musings on what it's like to give skin-to-skin ‘kangaroo care’ to a child born 15 weeks premature.
- This is known in the industry as ‘kangaroo care.’
More definitions of kangaroo careDefinition of kangaroo care in:
- The British & World English dictionary