Definition of kangaroo paw in English:
An Australian plant that has long straplike leaves and tubular flowers with woolly outer surfaces.
- Genera Anigozanthos and Macropidia, family Haemodoraceae: several species, in particular Mangles' kangaroo paw (A. manglesii), which is the floral emblem of Western Australia
- There are a whole range of different coloured kangaroo paw in front of us, but what's the idea behind this nursery?
- In the front yard, purple hop bush and kangaroo paw reflect the rusty colors of the home.
- Agapanthus, daylilies, kangaroo paws, lemon grass and red hot pokers are in this category.
Definition of kangaroo paw in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.