- A meson having a mass several times that of a pion.More example sentences
- In particular, it would rule out a ‘soft ‘equation of state for the core of the star, which includes Bose-Einstein condensates of kaons, hyperons and pions.’
- In turn, these decay into other subatomic particles, like kaons and pions.
- In this scheme, quark-antiquark pairs form kaons, pions, and other mesons, while triplets of quarks form protons, neutrons, and numerous heavier cousins that appeared in accelerator experiments.
1950s: from ka representing the letter K (as a symbol for the particle) + -on.
More definitions of kaonDefinition of kaon in:
- The British & World English dictionary