Definition of karate chop in English:
A sharp downward blow or movement executed with the side of the hand.
- Instead, during the downswing, think of making a karate chop on the ball.
- Hollywood superhero fantasies have left the sheep believing that manly men repel knife attacks with a deft karate chop or two.
- His head was craned back, his chin raised, and Adam's apple exposed as if for a karate chop.
- Example sentences
- As we practiced, I jumped up and down trying to look war-like, karate-chopping the air, and grimacing fiercely.
- Brome karate-chopped the assailant in the throat and was sent a bottle of whisky by his girlfriend's husband.
- The first of the hostages was karate-chopped at night, in the same room in which he was being held.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan