An ornamental eastern Asian tree that has leaves that resemble those of the Judas tree and light, fine-grained timber.
- Cercidiphyllum japonicum, the only member of the family Cercidiphyllaceae
More example sentences
- At the rear of the property, a pond is formed by raised beds filled with white azaleas, a katsura tree, rhododendrons, a tree fern, a tall viburnum, and other shade-loving plants.
- For the blocks only wood from cherry, magnolia and katsura trees is used.
- At the northwest side of the Japanese garden is an immense katsura tree covered with heart-shaped leaves.
early 20th century: from Japanese.
Definition of katsura in:
- The British & World English dictionary