Definition of katsura in English:
An ornamental eastern Asian tree that has leaves that resemble those of the Judas tree and light, fine-grained timber.
- Cercidiphyllum japonicum, the only member of the family Cercidiphyllaceae
- At the rear of the property, a pond is formed by raised beds filled with white azaleas, a katsura tree, rhododendrons, a tree fern, a tall viburnum, and other shade-loving plants.
- For the blocks only wood from cherry, magnolia and katsura trees is used.
- At the northwest side of the Japanese garden is an immense katsura tree covered with heart-shaped leaves.
Early 20th century: from Japanese.
Definition of katsura in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.