Definition of katydid in English:
A large, typically green, long-horned grasshopper native to North America. The male makes a characteristic sound that resembles the name.
- Microcentrum and other genera, family Tettigoniidae
- Members of the grasshopper family, including crickets, locusts, and katydids, hear with small disks near one of the front leg joints.
- From every quarter throbbed peepers and katydids and locusts.
- That winter, the night we built our first big fire, we also hatched out about a million katydids, or as some folk call them, camel crickets.
Definition of katydid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.