Definition of katydid in English:
A large, typically green, long-horned grasshopper native to North America. The male makes a characteristic sound that resembles the name.
- Microcentrum and other genera, family Tettigoniidae
- Members of the grasshopper family, including crickets, locusts, and katydids, hear with small disks near one of the front leg joints.
- From every quarter throbbed peepers and katydids and locusts.
- That winter, the night we built our first big fire, we also hatched out about a million katydids, or as some folk call them, camel crickets.
Words that rhyme with katydidunshielded
Definition of katydid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan