nounUS • informal , • dated
- 1Confusion; uproar.More example sentences
- All of this criminal katzenjammer - and much, much more - was authorized at the highest levels, as top procurement brass and Pentagon officials confirmed.
- And yet, in 1979, the man who loaned his prestigious name to this enormous katzenjammer denounced the parapsychologists for being weird.
- The war and the next war have nothing to do with liberation or terrorism or any of that katzenjammer.
- 1.1A hangover; a severe headache resulting from a hangover.More example sentences
- By now, my katzenjammer had eased to the point where my head only throbbed if I made sudden movements.
- The present invention relates to a composition for preventing and treating katzenjammers, and more particularly, to a composition comprising herb extracts for preventing and treating katzenjammers.
- Imagine a cuisine that carries an nonpareil aroma of Portugal, covered with exotic Indian spices and soaked in the inescapable katzenjammer of Goa's favourite drink.
mid 19th century: from German Katzen (combining form of Katze 'cat') + Jammer 'distress'; popularized by the cartoon Katzenjammer Kids, drawn by Rudolf Dirks (1877–1968) in 1897 for the New York Journal, featuring two incorrigible children.
More definitions of katzenjammerDefinition of katzenjammer in:
- The British & World English dictionary