nounUS informal, dated
- All of this criminal katzenjammer - and much, much more - was authorized at the highest levels, as top procurement brass and Pentagon officials confirmed.
- And yet, in 1979, the man who loaned his prestigious name to this enormous katzenjammer denounced the parapsychologists for being weird.
- The war and the next war have nothing to do with liberation or terrorism or any of that katzenjammer.
- By now, my katzenjammer had eased to the point where my head only throbbed if I made sudden movements.
- The present invention relates to a composition for preventing and treating katzenjammers, and more particularly, to a composition comprising herb extracts for preventing and treating katzenjammers.
- Imagine a cuisine that carries an nonpareil aroma of Portugal, covered with exotic Indian spices and soaked in the inescapable katzenjammer of Goa's favourite drink.
Mid 19th century: from German Katzen (combining form of Katze 'cat') + Jammer 'distress'; popularized by the cartoon Katzenjammer Kids, drawn by Rudolf Dirks (1877–1968) in 1897 for the New York Journal, featuring two incorrigible children.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of katzenjammer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.