Boxing, • informal
noun (plural kayos)
- A knockout.More example sentences
- Bernard's thirty-one kayos in forty-four fights will attest to his success in using this theory.
- In 1959 he scored four straight kayos two of which were over rugged Joe Shaw and talented Al Andrews.
- Following his disastrous kayo losses to Cassius Clay, Sonny was written off by the experts.
verb (kayoes, kayoing, kayoed)[with object] Back to top
- Knock (someone) out.More example sentences
- It was great you called him ignorant because he was trying to make you look bad on national TV and you kayoed him.
- One month before Ellis defeated Quarry, Joe Frazier kayoed his amateur nemesis Buster Mathis in eleven rounds.
- Would he have kayoed Williams had he not hurt his knee?
1920s: representing the pronunciation of KO.
More definitions of kayoDefinition of kayo in:
- The British & World English dictionary