- A racing event in which cyclists ride several laps around an indoor track behind a motorized pacesetter before sprinting to the finish.More example sentences
- Nothstein, clearly the most dominant men's sprinter on the track, missed a second medal in the Keirin, finishing fifth.
- The Keirin, making its Olympic debut in Sydney, is wildly popular in Japan, where people can bet on professional riders.
- The programme will consist of keirin and sprint competitions, an invitation keirin and the head-to-head Britain and France Team Sprint.
1950s: Japanese, literally 'bicycle race'.
More definitions of keirinDefinition of keirin in:
- The British & World English dictionary