- The surgical reshaping of the cornea, carried out in order to correct a refractive error.More example sentences
- The report provides information on the safety and effectiveness of four types of refractive eye surgery: radial keratotomy, photorefractive keratectomy, laser in situ keratomileusis and intraocular lenses.
- From the 1940s to the 1970s, different techniques in keratomileusis evolved in surgical alteration of the cornea.
- The laser in-situ keratomileusis procedure uses an excimer laser to make a thin flap in the cornea and etch away a predetermined pattern of tissue beneath the flap.
1990s: from kerato- 'of the cornea' + Greek smileusis 'carving'.
More definitions of keratomileusisDefinition of keratomileusis in:
- The British & World English dictionary