Definition of kerf in English:
1A slit made by cutting, especially with a saw.
- I cut a series of kerfs in the notch area and knocked out the waste with a chisel and mallet.
- First, a notch or kerf is cut using a laser or another diamond.
- What is needed is a power handsaw that can cut a kerf immediately adjacent to a corner juncture defined by a horizontal surface and a vertical surface.
- kerfed adjective
- Example sentences
- Board insulation is usually 1 to 2 inches thick and is cut or kerfed to fit between metal ties in cavity walls.
Old English cyrf 'cutting, a cut'; related to carve.
Definition of kerf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.