- 1A slit made by cutting, especially with a saw.More example sentences
- I cut a series of kerfs in the notch area and knocked out the waste with a chisel and mallet.
- First, a notch or kerf is cut using a laser or another diamond.
- What is needed is a power handsaw that can cut a kerf immediately adjacent to a corner juncture defined by a horizontal surface and a vertical surface.
Old English cyrf 'cutting, a cut'; related to carve.
More definitions of kerfDefinition of kerf in:
- The British & World English dictionary