- A hollow, typically filled by a lake, resulting from the melting of a mass of ice trapped in glacial deposits.More example sentences
- The land includes a kettle hole, which will be utilized as a wetlands habitat for native plants and animals as well as an area to contain and clean storm runoff from the building's roof and parking areas.
- I am rubbish at sport, science and geography - although I can draw an excellent diagram of a kettle hole.
- Only 800m west of the Pool there is another kettle hole, but this one was not turned into a mere but filled with gravel, peat and clay.
More definitions of kettle holeDefinition of kettle hole in:
- The British & World English dictionary