An animal of a large race of the Asian wild ass with a thick furry coat, native to the Tibetan plateau.
- Equus hemionus kiang, family Equidae; sometimes treated as a separate species. Compare with onager
More example sentences
- The following day, after finding an unmapped spring where we are able to water the camels, we cross a mountain pass into yet another seemingly endless plain, where we see more wild camels, wild sheep, and kiangs.
- In some villages of Nyalam County, bharals and kiangs ate 40 percent of highland barley each year.
- The range of kiangs overlap with the pasture of some nomads at the southern part of the reserve.
mid 19th century: from Tibetan kyang.
More definitions of kiangDefinition of kiang in:
- The British & World English dictionary