- Express resentment at or frustration with (an institution or restriction).More example sentences
- Working in television provided him with training, a secure job and an establishment to kick against, and he remains grateful for all of this.
- Sheffield always kicks against the national trend and one thing I discovered over the years is that just because something happened nationally does not mean it is going to happen in Sheffield.
- Inevitably, self-obsessed Gwen kicks against the system, until learning lessons the hard way.
More definitions of kick againstDefinition of kick against in:
- The British & World English dictionary