- Hurt oneself by persisting in useless resistance or protest.[with biblical allusion to Acts 9:5]More example sentences
- And it's equally strange how much time you can spend kicking against the pricks, waiting and hoping for things to change - only to find that what you thought you wanted changed was really your safety net.
- They are still kicking against the pricks for all they are worth but fortunately they have remembered to write some tunes this time around.
- His conscience was reached: he faced up to the fact that he had been kicking against the pricks.
More definitions of kick against the pricksDefinition of kick against the pricks in:
- The British & World English dictionary