Definition of kick turn in English:
1A turn carried out while stationary by lifting first one and then the other ski through 180°.
- Ski these bindings a little more conservatively than you would your alpine gear, and use good technique on the uphill so you won't torque out during kick-turns and such.
- I do have some difficulty with uphill kickturns during backcountry skiing.
1.1(In skateboarding) a turn performed with the front wheels lifted off the ground.
- I am dying to skate again; my knee is finally better and I want to practice kick-turns and learn to carve!
- Skaters will learn the basics like safety, stance, board balance, pumping, fakies, kick-turns, and eventually dropping in.
- Example sentences
- You'll start with long cruisers at 7,380-foot Ab-Ali, then graduate to kick-turning down the narrow chutes of 11,644-foot Dizin.
- It is absolutely necessary that you are proficient at kick-turning, traversing, side-slipping and snow-plowing.
- When he arrived at the trees he, too, stopped and kick-turned.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan