noun (plural kikois)
- 1A distinctive East African striped cloth with an end fringe.More example sentences
- A kikoi - a stripy piece of cotton cloth from Kenya - but a sarong or some such would do as well.
- Kenya stands to lose the name Kikoi, associated with locally made fabrics.
- 1.1A garment made of kikoi, worn around the waist.More example sentences
- The wind blows huge squalls of fine grey sand everywhere, so kikois (large cotton scarves) are wrapped around our heads, Lawrence of Arabia style.
- He tucked it into a kikoi wrapped round his waist.
- Folded into a narrow strip, our traditional Tanzanian sarong (or ‘kikoi’) makes an ideal central dressing for the refectory table; with this in place as an ‘inspiration piece’, the ideas fairly flow from us.
mid 20th century: from Kiswahili.
More definitions of kikoiDefinition of kikoi in:
- The British & World English dictionary