- A feature, function, or application of a new technology or product that is presented as virtually indispensable or much superior to rival products.More example sentences
- E-mail was the killer app of the Internet revolution, and now people dread opening theirs each morning.
- Every platform vendor hopes someone will produce a killer app for its product, driving up sales of the platform technology as more and more people want it for themselves.
- His entire rant is about how mobile email won't be the killer app for mobile devices.
from killer and app, a shortening of application.
More definitions of killer appDefinition of killer app in:
- The British & World English dictionary