(British also kilogramme
, abbreviation: kg)
- The SI unit of mass, equivalent to the international standard kept at Sèvres near Paris (approximately 2.205 lb).More example sentences
- These systems would send tens or hundreds of kilograms instead of tons into orbit per launch.
- Their opinion is no more valid than it would be if they declared pounds henceforth equivalent to kilograms.
- By trading in imperial measures (pounds and ounces), he was apparently contravening legislation that came into being on 1 January which made the kilogramme the standard unit measurement of weight for loose goods in Britain.
More definitions of kilogramDefinition of kilogram in:
- The British & World English dictionary