(British kilometre, abbreviation: km)
Definition of kilometer in English:
A metric unit of measurement equal to 1,000 meters (approximately 0.62 miles).
- A meter is about three feet and three inches and a kilometer equals about six tenths of a mile.
- As with metres and kilometres, we need some new units, or we'd need a lot of zeroes!
- Next we will be having our speedometers changed from miles per hour to kilometres per hour.
- Example sentences
- The HST images were obtained during a campaign by the Cassini spacecraft to measure the solar wind approaching Saturn and the Saturn kilometric emissions.
- Normal displacements are pervasive from the millimetric to the kilometric scales.
Definition of kilometer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan