(British also kilotonne)
- A unit of explosive power equivalent to 1,000 tons of TNT.More example sentences
- Hydrogen bombs (H-bombs) promised yields measured in megatons rather than the kilotons of fission bombs.
- During the past decade, industrial fructan production has increased from 1 kiloton to 100 kilotons annually.
- Indeed, the conflagration of a single gram of antimatter particles merging with their normal matter siblings would release energy equivalent to about 40 kilotons of TNT, or enough to power nearly 5,000 households for a year.
More definitions of kilotonDefinition of kiloton in:
- The British & World English dictionary