- A form of art that depends on movement for its effect. The term was coined by artists Naum Gabo (1890–1977) and his brother Antoine Pevsner (1886–1962) in 1920 and is associated with the mobiles of artist Alexander Calder.More example sentences
- These mostly black-and-white works are widely regarded as key examples of both Op art and kinetic art.
- The exhibition provides a broad overview of kinetic art, a movement that seemed fresh and exciting for a decade and then fell off the map of the art world.
- For Brett, kinetic art is not just about literal movement; it also has a spiritual, almost mystical dimension.
More definitions of kinetic artDefinition of kinetic art in:
- The British & World English dictionary