- Energy that a body possesses by virtue of being in motion. Compare with potential energy.More example sentences
- The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.
- The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.
- One way energy is conserved is through the transformation of an object's potential energy into kinetic energy.
More definitions of kinetic energyDefinition of kinetic energy in:
- The British & World English dictionary