- The body of theory that explains the physical properties of matter in terms of the motions of its constituent particles.More example sentences
- Several properties of a gaseous sample can be explained readily by the features of a model of gas behavior called the kinetic-molecular theory or simply kinetic theory.
- Because the pressure exerted is a function of the speed of the molecules, kinetic theory states that the pressure will increase if the energy of the molecules increases.
- In analyzing the data, chemical kinetic theory was used to obtain the rate constant for unfolding.
More definitions of kinetic theoryDefinition of kinetic theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary