Definition of kinetics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1The branch of chemistry or biochemistry concerned with measuring and studying the rates of reactions.
- The physical chemist is concerned concerned with the rate of change in a substance, which is the study of reaction kinetics.
- Chemical kinetics is the study of the rates of reactions and of the factors that determine the speed of a reaction.
- In chemistry we talked about kinetics, and we had the Bunsens on to keep us warm.
1.1 [usually treated as plural] The rates of chemical or biochemical reaction.
- Another important term used to characterize chemical reactions kinetics is ‘half-life.’
- He explained that the differences in the serum levels of the drug products do not necessarily indicate differences in quality, but do reflect their different kinetics.
- The relative stomatal response revealed identical kinetics during irradiation with white light or with light of defined quality.
Definition of kinetics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia