- another term for centromere.More example sentences
- In metaphase, sister kinetochores attach to microtubules emanating from opposite spindle pole bodies during alignment of the chromosomes.
- Chromosome loss may be the result of either non-attachment of the chromosome kinetochore to the spindle microtubules or chromosome lagging at anaphase and gives rise to a micronucleus.
- The DNA is asymmetrically distributed to the daughter cells when the kinetochores do not attach and the spindle checkpoint does not restrain mitosis.
mid 20th century: from kineto- 'of movement' + Greek khōros 'place'.
More definitions of kinetochoreDefinition of kinetochore in:
- The British & World English dictionary