- A brownish cobra with an orange-cream throat patch, native to southern Asia. It is the largest of all venomous snakes. Also called hamadryad.
More example sentences
- Ophiophagus hannah, family Elapidae
- Likening his unblinking stare to a king cobra on the verge of striking, she notes that Pirabhakaran had ‘gone taut, all ready to spring.’
- On her tail was a snake-like demon that stood about human-height, with arms stretching nearly to the floor, and a curved, hood of a head, much like that of a king cobra.
- A king cobra's nest was discovered on May 1 near the house of Mogappa, a coffee and cardamom grower, near Kumarahalli Bachahalli in Kodagu.
More definitions of king cobraDefinition of king cobra in:
- The British & World English dictionary