1North American An edible crab of the North Pacific, resembling a spider crab.
- Genus Paralithodes, family Lithodidae.
- The restaurant's chef, Tadao Takoi, uses fine forest mushrooms, asparagus and Japanese herbs to complement the king crab, lobster and fresh prawns for the festival.
- We had champagne toasts, my dad said a blessing over us, and then we had a great dinner with freshly smoked salmon from dad's smoker, and king crab, asparagus, potatoes and white wine.
- This isn't like any supermarket you'll experience anywhere else in the city: the freezers are full of frozen delicacies such as shrimp balls and ready-made dumplings, and giant tanks brim with live lobsters, king crabs and oysters.
2 another term for horseshoe crab.
- Male king crabs have triangular shaped ‘tails’ which are only one third the size of females.
- With the exception of a few mites which have returned to a marine way of life, the king crabs, also known as horseshoe crabs, are the only surviving arachnids which now still live in the sea.
- The king crab, or ‘horse shoe crab’, is familiar to all boys who live upon the coast or spend their summer vacation at the seaside.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: king crab
Definition of king crab in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.