- 1North American An edible crab of the North Pacific, resembling a spider crab.
More example sentences
- Genus Paralithodes, family Lithodidae
- The restaurant's chef, Tadao Takoi, uses fine forest mushrooms, asparagus and Japanese herbs to complement the king crab, lobster and fresh prawns for the festival.
- We had champagne toasts, my dad said a blessing over us, and then we had a great dinner with freshly smoked salmon from dad's smoker, and king crab, asparagus, potatoes and white wine.
- This isn't like any supermarket you'll experience anywhere else in the city: the freezers are full of frozen delicacies such as shrimp balls and ready-made dumplings, and giant tanks brim with live lobsters, king crabs and oysters.
- 2 another term for horseshoe crab.More example sentences
- Male king crabs have triangular shaped ‘tails’ which are only one third the size of females.
- With the exception of a few mites which have returned to a marine way of life, the king crabs, also known as horseshoe crabs, are the only surviving arachnids which now still live in the sea.
- The king crab, or ‘horse shoe crab’, is familiar to all boys who live upon the coast or spend their summer vacation at the seaside.
More definitions of king crabDefinition of king crab in:
- The British & World English dictionary