- A gum obtained from certain tropical trees by tapping, used locally as an astringent in medicine and in tanning.
More example sentences
- The trees belong to genera in various families, in particular Pterocarpus and Butea (family Leguminosae)
- The trunk exudes a reddish substance (kino), a solution of which has been used in the treatment of diarrhea.
- The name ‘Bloodwood’ is derived from the trees kino (gum) veins, which are often seen oozing red kino from lesions in the bark.
late 18th century: apparently from a West African language.
More definitions of kinoDefinition of kino in:
- The British & World English dictionary